|REQUIRED USER ROLE|
Before you start #
Review the following information before you connect BigCommerce to Gladly.
- BigCommerce integrates with Gladly via the Lookup Adaptor.
- Make sure you have proper account permission to create API accounts in BigCommerce. This is required to connect BigCommerce to Gladly.
Set up BigCommerce API and Permissions #
- Before you continue with connecting BigCommerce to Gladly, you must first configure the correct permissions in BigCommerce. Go to Advanced Settings > API Accounts > Create API Account > Create V2/V3 API Token. From there, follow the permission set as shown in the image below:
- Set a name for this API Account Token. Use a name that allows you to easily identify that this account is used for Gladly. Click Save when you’re done.
- Once saved, BigCommerce will ask you to download a file like the text below. Take note of the Client ID and Access Token.
Connect Gladly to BigCommerce #
The next step is to connect Gladly to BigCommerce. From the Apps page, click Add App > BigCommerce.
- From the Add New BigCommerce App page, enter the following information:
- Name – Enter a name that will help you identify the BigCommerce instance.
- Store Hash– Enter the unique identifier for your store, which is found in the URL assigned to your store by BigCommerce.
- Note – Do not include the text “store-” when entering the Store Hash value into Gladly. For help finding your Store Hash ID, click here.
- Client ID – Enter the Client ID from the downloaded file. This is required to allow the processing of refunds, cancellations, and discounts.
- Access Token – Enter the Access Token from the downloaded file. This is required to allow the processing of refunds, cancellations, and discounts.
- Search Query Attributes – There are two columns (Attribute, Label) required for Search Query Attributes. You can look up Customers using email/Email or phone/Phone Number attributes.
- You must have at least one search attribute (email or phone number).
- Don’t change the Attribute column for email or phone number.
- Currently, only exact search by email or phone number is supported to query BigCommerce for matching Profiles.
- Search Results Attributes – There are two columns (Attribute, Label) required for Search Results Attributes. The name/Name and email/Email attributes are the default attributes. Click Add an attribute to add a new attribute.
- If you use an attribute besides email and phone, the column still appears for Agents, but it may not be populated with any information. See List of Search Results Attributes below.
- Auto-Linking Fields – If a Customer Profile is not currently linked to a BigCommerce instance and if your BigCommerce instance responds with a unique profile with at least one auto-linking field match and no conflicts, Gladly will automatically link the profiles without any user intervention and populate the pulled information in the Customer Profile.
- Customer Email – Check this box to activate auto-linking by matching email addresses.
- Phone Number – Check this box to activate auto-linking by matching phone numbers.
- Overwrite Existing Values – If activated and a Customer Profile is linked to a profile in BigCommerce, Gladly will overwrite the existing name, address, and editable custom attributes in the Customer Profile with data from BigCommerce.
- Actions – If activated, Agents can complete Actions like process refunds, create discount codes, and cancel orders without leaving Gladly.
- Click Save App when you’re done. An error will appear if required fields are not completed; they are highlighted in red. Complete the missing fields and click Save App again.
List of Search Results Attributes #
BigCommerce allows a specific set of attributes to be pulled and displayed in Gladly.
For the Attribute column, you can use:
You can use any Label for each attribute that provides an Agent friendly name for the attribute. For example, phone can be labeled as Phone Number.
Click the trash icon to delete an attribute.
If you use an attribute not listed above, the column still appears for Agents in the search results table, but it will not be populated with any information.