- The type of information we collect
- How Gladly collects your information, including tracking and cookies
- How Gladly uses your personal information
- How you can correct or update the information Gladly has
- Rights to object or restrict processing of Personal Information
- Who we may share information with
- How we handle Do Not Track requests
- Linked sites and services
- Data security
- Retention of your information
- Notice of privacy rights to California residents
- Notice of privacy rights to residents of the European Union Area and the United Kingdom
- How to contact us
The type of information we collect
Gladly may collect information that you provide to Gladly in connection with your use of the Gladly Solution when you:
- Register your account with Gladly as a user of the Gladly Solution (“Customers”)Make changes to your user profile informationSend email messages, forms, or other information to Gladly or other users using the Gladly Solution, orInstall, use or otherwise interact with the Gladly Solution.
- This information may include your first and last name, your address, email address, telephone number, your location, and any additional information you provide to Gladly during the account registration process or via the Gladly Solution. Gladly may also collect certain technical information about your use of the Gladly Solution. This technical information may include technical information about your device(s), browser type and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Gladly Solution, ad data, Wi-Fi connection information, internet protocol (“IP”) address, and standard web log information. Additionally, when expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Gladly Solution or registering to use the Gladly Solution, we require you to provide us with personal contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Information”). Although we use third party service providers to process payments, when purchasing access to the Gladly Solution, we may require you to provide our payment processing service providers with financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within your company that will be using the Gladly Solution (“Financial Information”). We may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Optional Information”). Required Contact Information, Billing Information, and Optional Information about Customers are referred to collectively as “Customer Data.”
- How Gladly Collects Your Information; Tracking and Cookies
- How Gladly Uses Your Information
Gladly may use your information to:
- Provide access to the Gladly Solution to communicate with youPersonalize, customize, measure, and improve Gladly’s products, services, content, and advertisingPrevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities or a breach of the applicable agreement(s) between you and GladlyAnalyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Gladly SolutionGenerate and review reports and data about Gladly’s user base and Gladly Solution usage patternsCompile aggregate data for internal and external business purposesResolve disputes and troubleshoot problems; andContact you with information, including promotional, marketing, and advertising information and recommendations that Gladly believes may be of interest to you.
- Correcting and Updating Your Information
Customers may update or change their account information through their account settings accessible using the Customer account page included in the Gladly Solution. Access to your Gladly account page will require your Gladly Solution username and password. To update your Information or to delete your account information, please email [email protected]. You can access or change your profile and contact information or delete your account through the Gladly settings page. If you choose to delete or deactivate your account, you can no longer retrieve content or reactivate your account. You have the right to request access to any Personal Information which Gladly may have about you by contacting [email protected] The information will be provided in a machine-readable format. You may also ask that we transfer the Personal Information to a third party, which we will do if technically feasible. You also have the right to review, add and update your Personal Information. You may also request the deletion of your Personal Information where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed,you withdraw consent to Gladly’s possession of the information on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for Gladly’s retention of the information,you object to Gladly’s possession of the information and there is no overriding legitimate basis for the retention,the personal information has been unlawfully obtained or processed, orthe personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European Union, the United Kingdom or other law to which Gladly is subject.
Consent to Commercial Electronic Messages
If you provide us with an email address, you expressly consent to receiving Commercial Electronic Messages from Gladly about your use of the Website, the Gladly Solution and our Products. If you have any questions about Gladly’s Commercial Electronic Messages, you can contact Gladly at:
Gladly Software, Inc.
423 Broadway, 503
Millbrae, CA 94030
Attention: Privacy Officer or by emailing [email protected]
In addition, you may opt out of receiving Commercial Electronic Messages at any time by emailing [email protected]
- Rights to Object or Restrict Processing of Personal Information If Gladly has your Personal Information as a result of your relationship with one of Gladly’s customers, you should first contact that customer before contacting Gladly. You may, however, at any time revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your Personal Information by emailing [email protected]. Upon receipt of your request, Gladly will delete your personal data provided Gladly may retain any data which is required for billing and accounting purposes or which is subject to legal retention requirements. In addition, if you discover any errors in data, you may contact us by emailing [email protected] and we will correct it. You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of product features or may be required by your relationship with one of Gladly’s customers. Right to be informed of appropriate safeguards where Personal Information is Transferred to a Third Country or to an International Organization Gladly enters into agreements with its customers regarding the safeguards that have been put in place to protect your Personal Information for transfer outside of the United Kingdom, Switzerland or the European Economic Area. For transfers to countries without an adequacy decision by the United Kingdom, Switzerland or the European Commission, Gladly puts appropriate safeguards through contractual obligations.
- Who We May Share Information With Gladly may disclose the information we collect from you to the following third parties: Users of the Gladly Solution; Public Information. When you share information with us via the Gladly Solution, Gladly may share your information to other users, in accordance with the privacy settings you have chosen for your account or that are applicable to that information. To the extent you share any information to a public audience or via a publicly accessible portion of the Gladly Solution such as an online customer community or forum, that information may be available to anyone who has access to that customer community or forum. Credit Card Processing. When you make a payment to Gladly through our payment page, we may collect credit card information from you in order to properly process your payment. We do not store your credit card information on our servers and no one at Gladly can access your credit card information. All credit card information that you share with us is maintained by a third-party payment processing merchant. We use industry standard encryption techniques and methods to protect all information sent to the payment processing merchants servers. Once your information reaches the payment processing merchant it resides on their server that is protected both physical and electronically. Gladly’s solution Providers. Gladly may share your information with third-party contractors, agents, collaborators, or service providers who provide certain services to Gladly or on Gladly’s behalf, such as operating and supporting the Gladly Solution. Gladly may also request your information from a previous service provider, which we need to provide our services to you. Alternatively, Gladly may pass on your information to a service provider that Gladly customers have chosen to replace Gladly. Companies that Acquire Gladly’s Business or Assets. If Gladly becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, or dissolution or if the ownership of all or substantially all of Gladly’s business relating to the Gladly Solution otherwise changes, Gladly may provide your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction. Gladly’s Affiliates. Gladly may share some or all of your information with Gladly’s parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint ventures or other companies under common control with Gladly. Gladly Customers. If Gladly has received your information as part of Submitted Data, Gladly may share that information, or any modifications or revisions to that information with that Customer. Switching Gladly Solution Providers. Gladly may request your information from your previous service provider, which we need to provide our services to you. Alternatively, Gladly may pass on your information to a service provider that you have chosen to replace Gladly. Aggregate Information. Gladly may share information relating to our visitors and users with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis, however this information will not identify you personally. Legal Requirements. Gladly may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose Gladly, you, or any other Gladly user to legal liability, or to protect Gladly’s rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk. Gladly may also share your information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requests, and Gladly may provide access to your information to Gladly’s legal counsel and other consultants in connection with actual or potential litigation. Gladly shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Gladly proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Linked Sites and Gladly Solution Gladly’s website or mobile application may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Data Security Gladly takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to Gladly or submit through the Gladly Solution against misuse, loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and your information may be disclosed to third parties in unforeseeable situations or situations that are not preventable even when commercially reasonably protections are employed, such as in the case that Gladly or if the Gladly Solution are subject to a hacking or other attack. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents The California Consumer Privacy Act requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties or allow them to collect Personal Data from our sites or Services if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data, or if you use Gladly sites or Services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. California law requires that we detail the categories of Personal Data that we disclose for certain “business purposes,” such as to service providers that assist us with securing our services or marketing our products, and to such other entities as described in Sections 8 and 10 of this Privacy Statement. We disclose the following categories of Personal Data for our business purposes:
- Identifiers;Commercial information;Internet activity information;Financial information; andInferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
- Notice of privacy rights to residents of the European Union Area and the United Kingdom You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] VeraSafe has been appointed as Gladly’s representative in the European Union and the United Kingdom for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to [email protected], only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031. Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at: VeraSafe Netherlands BV
Keizersgracht 391 A
1016 EJ Amsterdam
423 Broadway, 503
Millbrae, CA 94030
Attention: Privacy Officer.
Effective March 24, 2021