Use the Contact Summary Durations report to see trends in your Contacts in a visual way. The data provided here is a subset of the data provided in the Contact Summary report.
How Data in the report is measured #
The Contact Summary Durations report is measured using the following:
- Grouped by Contact.
- Data is time anchored using ‘Contact Ended At‘ in the UI. This means all Contacts in the report have ended.
Metrics used for the Contact Summary Durations report #
Review the definition of each metric and how it’s used to calculate data. These are fields you’ll see in the CSV download.
|Ended Date||Day, Week, etc. based on the selected filters. This refers to the date/time when the Contact ended|
|Contacts Inbound||Count of inbound Contacts that ended||“Inbound” Contacts are those initiated by the Customer, Internal, or External Initiator Types|
|Avg. Queued-to-Fulfilled Time||Average duration of time from when the Contact was first queued to when it was fulfilled||For inbound Contacts only, and only for Fulfilled Contacts|
|Avg. Queued-to-First Accepted Time||Average duration of time from when the Contact was first queued to when it was first accepted||Only applies to inbound Contacts|
|Avg. Queued-to-Ended Time||Average duration of time from when the Contact was first queued to when it was ended||Only applies to inbound Contacts|
|Avg. First Accepted-to-Fulfilled Time||Average duration of time from when the Contact was first accepted to when it was fulfilled||Only applies to inbound Contacts|
|Avg. Inbound Contact Handle Time||Average total duration of time, across all inbound Contacts, when any Agent viewed the Customer profile while the Contact was ongoing||Only applies to inbound Contacts|
|Avg. Inbound After Contact Time||Average total duration of time, across all inbound Contacts, when any Agent viewed the Customer profile after the Contact has ended, but before the Conversation is closed or before another Contact begins||Only applies to inbound Contacts|
|Total Contact Time||Total duration of Contact Handle Time and After Contact Time.|
Note – For metrics that are durations of time, the report in the UI will show time in hh:mm:ss (Hours, Minutes, Seconds) or d:hh:mm:ss (Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds) format, while the downloaded CSV will show time in raw Seconds.
How the Contact Summary Durations report is filtered #
You can filter the report using the following criteria. This is how you start segmenting the data based on what you are trying to learn. You can learn more about filters here.
- The date filter on this report will correspond to the ended timestamp.
- When changing the rollup filter (e.g., Daily), the report will show you Contacts that have ended for each day based on your Date filter. For example, if your Date filter is Aug 8-10, and the rollup is Daily, then you’ll see Contacts that have ended for Aug 8, 9, and 10.
- Indicates the Channel in which Channel the Contact ended. The Channels can include voice, chat, email, SMS, FB Messenger, , WhatsApp.
- Voice Channel only includes Phone Calls and does not include Voicemail.
- The Inbox column and report filter refer to the Inbox where the Contact ended.
- Inbox filter is tied to the Inbox when the Contact ended, which isn’t necessarily the only Inbox where work happened.
How to use the Contact Summary Durations report #
The Contact Summary Durations report can provide multiple data points based on how you slice and dice the data. Below are a couple of examples.
|Look into the difference between when Contacts are Accepted and when they are Ended||In the graph legend, click (to deselect) on all the metrics except:|
• Avg Queued-to-First Accepted Time
• Avg Queued-to-Ended Time
• Contacts Inbound (optional)
This will show the graph for only those two metrics, as you deselect the other metrics.
|Look into the trends in Handle Time||Optional: Select the channel filter for the channel you’re interested in viewing.|
In the graph legend, click (to deselect) all the metrics except:
• Avg Inbound Contact Handle Time
• Avg Inbound After Contact Time
• Contacts Inbound (optional)
This will show the graph for only the handle time metrics, so that you can see the trends.
When you click to deselect metrics, you will see some of the legend items become grayed out:
Why is Avg Queued-to-Ended sometimes less than Avg Queued-to-Fulfilled?
Not all Contacts that are ended get fulfilled. In some cases, Contacts that are ended can be automatically or quickly ended, which might bring the average down, while Contacts that are fulfilled may take a bit more time and consideration. Ultimately, these metrics often refer to different sets of Contacts, so it is helpful to look at the “Contacts Fulfilled” metric in the Contact Summary report.