The Glad App Answer Search report can help you understand what terms your Customers are searching for and their frequency, while also giving you insight into whether your Answers are addressing those searches.
Metrics and Key Concepts #
The Glad App Answer Search report uses the following metrics and concepts to quantify the reported data.
|An embeddable website widget that can be used to display Answers, and allows you to display certain inbound Contact requests like Chat and Email. See What is Glad App.
|Knowledgebase content that Agents use to relay information to Customers quickly. It is also accessible to Customers for self-service through Glad App and the Help Center. See Answers.
|The term that was searched for in Glad App.
|Number of Answer Results
|Number of Answer results for the searched term.
|Number of Times Searched
|Number of times the term was searched for.
|The ratio of clicks an Answer received based on the searched term.
Understand the Basics #
When to use the Glad App Answer Search report #
Use the Glad App Answer Search report if you have questions around:
- What terms are Customers searching for the most in Glad App?
- How often are Answers available for those search terms in Glad App?
- Which search terms are yielding 0 or few Answer results?
- How often are Customers clicking on Answers for their searches?
How often to view the report #
Review this report monthly to gain valuable and actionable insights.
- View it alongside the Glad App Answer Usage report to understand what terms Customers are searching for that may or may not be yielding Answers and/or any clicks so that you can improve your Answer content accordingly.
- Compare it to the Help Center Answer Search report to see what your Customers are searching for and how your Answers are performing across both of your self-service Channels.
Take Action #
Once you understand the report, you can take action and make improvements.
Frequently Searched Terms in Glad App #
If you notice that specific terms are being searched for frequently in Glad App, think of the following points:
- For frequently searched terms that have Answer results with low click rates (e.g., a search term of “size” is searched 200 times, has 1 Answer result that is only clicked 50% of the time), consider improving your Answer content to better address the search term (either through modifying the Answer directly.
- For frequently searched terms with high click rates, is there an opportunity to convert that into a process/product update? For example, if your Customers are often using Answers related to shipping during checkout, think about expanding your shipping information during the checkout process.
Search Terms with 0 or Few Answer Results in Glad App #
If you notice that certain search terms are yielding 0 or few Answer results in Glad App, you can add or improve Answers to match those terms.
- Add Answers for frequently searched terms that are yielding 0 or few results to help Customers get Answers to their questions without contacting your Agents direct
Good to Know #
- This report can also be generated via API. See our Developer Docs for more details.
- Listed below are related reports we recommend you use alongside this report:
- Help Center Answer Usage
- Help Center Answer Search
- Glad App Answer Usage