Sidekick may be configured to apply Freeform Topics to a Conversation using Threads.
Before you start #
Before you implement Freeform Topics with the Sidekick Thread Builder, we recommend that you first review the following:
- Review what Freeform Topics is.
- Freeform Topics appear in the Topics menu alongside other Topics.
- Remember that it’s used for analysis or to allow Agents to provide more context to a Conversation. Freeform Topics cannot be used for Rules or Routing purposes.
- Freeform Topics cannot be deleted once created but can be archived or made inactive. These appear in the Archived tab on the Freeform Topics page.
- When creating a Freeform Topic, enter a Display Name that is not similar to an existing Topic. If you create something similar, ensure your Agents are trained to understand the difference because they’ll see both names in the Topics menu, but one functions as a Freeform Topic exposing a freeform field.
Preparing to apply Freeform Topics #
Consider the following before configuring Sidekick to apply Freeform Topics automatically:
- Which Freeform Topics would you like applied to which types of Conversations?
- The Key for the necessary Freeform Topic.
- Confirm if the Freeform Topic(s) you need already exist. If not, you will need to create a new Freeform Topic(s).
Once you’ve considered these items, please contact Gladly Support for assistance configuring Freeform Topics for Conversations handled by Sidekick.