Gladly’s Rules are mighty and can allow you to perform a variety of automated actions on Conversations to serve customers better and more efficiently. Examples include:
- Auto-assigning messages breaching SLA to an Escalations Inbox if the assigned Agent is currently offline.
- Auto-closing emails with spam keywords in the subject line.
- Auto-closing abandoned phone calls.
- Auto-adding a topic to any SMS-es containing specific keywords.
- Auto-assigning emails containing the word “supervisor” in the body into an Escalations Inbox.
For default rule settings your Gladly instance comes with, you can visit see default settings.
- Set up routing Rules to assign issues to the right set of Agents (Inbox) and gain efficiency.
- Set up reassignment Rules to gracefully handle SLA breaches.
- Set up auto-close Rules for Conversations you don’t want the team to manage to keep Agents focused on productive Conversations.
- Set up auto-reply Rules, if desired, for SMS and Email to keep customers in the loop on support processes.
- Set up automated content dispositioning Rules to allow for Agent efficiency when handling Conversations.
Estimated Effort #
As little as 45 minutes for simple setups
Step-by-Step Tutorial & Best Practices #
- Attend the workflow co-design session with your implementation team. This is a 45-minute workshop where we go over best practices with you. For more complex implementations, your organization may set up weekly check-ins with you over 3 – 4 weeks to finalize the Rules structure.
- Fine-tune your Rules as needed via Settings > Rules.
- Gladly highly recommends keeping the reassignment and auto-reply Rules, but tweaking the auto-close and escalations Rules as needed for your business processes