The Gladly Glad App a chat widget you embed on your site that will allow your Customers to either search for Answers or interact with your agents in real-time.
Set up the look & feel and business hours of your Glad App using the configurations in the Glad App Admin Tool.
Successfully embed the Gladly Glad App on your website.
Estimated Effort #
1-2 hours to configure your Glad App via Glad App Admin Tool.
Step-by-Step Tutorial & Best Practices #
Basic Glad App Self-Service
- Determine the number of Glad Apps you need and their languages.
- Go to Settings > Glad App.
- Create and configure a Glad App instance for each Glad App.
- Use Type=Self Service to activate self-service on Glad App.
- Link Glad App to the correct Inbox on the Entry Points settings page.
- View your changes using your preview link – they should appear in 5 minutes. Note that Gladly does not host fonts, but will inherit the font family from your website – so if fonts look off, just ensure the font family name matches what is on your website.
- Get the embed code from the Gladly UI,
- Append the code to all pages of your website on the day of launch
- For further customizations on chat, visit https://developer.gladly.com/sidekick/.
- If you’d like to learn more about advanced display rules, available from Premium+ Customers, please visit this page and consult with your implementations team.
In-App Chat #
- Create Glad App for mobile.
- For iOS & Android SDKs, visit https://developer.gladly.com/ios-sdk/ and https://developer.gladly.com/android-sdk/. The SDKs are located here https://github.com/gladly. Note that only chat is available for in-app, not self-service
Chat Payments #
- Confirm with your Gladly team if you’d like Chat Payments turned on – your implementation team will cover ongoing fees for this.
- Let your implementations team know if you’d like to further customize Chat Payment default text using this form.