WhatsApp can be configured as an entry point in Gladly. This allows customers to interact with your agents via WhatsApp.
Set up WhatsApp to allow inbound and outbound messaging from within Gladly.
Estimated Effort #
It depends on how long it takes for WhatsApp to approve the request, which could take a couple of weeks.
Step-by-Step Tutorial & Best Practices #
If you want to use WhatsApp with Gladly, please contact your Gladly implementations team or Gladly Support.
WhatsApp configuration is subject to a Professional Services setup fee. Contact Gladly Support for more information.
- $1,000 per number/setup
- Meta charges a fee per conversation plus Gladly per-message usage fee of $0.005
- Contact your Gladly Implementation contact or Gladly Support and inform the team of your need to implement WhatsApp.
- A user with access to your company’s Facebook Business Manager account must ensure that your Facebook Business Manager account is verified.
- Submit a verification request to Meta if the account is not verified.
- Once Gladly acknowledges your request to implement WhatsApp, complete the client terms agreement form.
- Tip – See this guide on how to fill out the form.
- Once the Facebook Business Manager account is verified and you have completed the client terms form in step 3, send the following information to your Gladly contact:
- Your Business name
- The Phone Number you wish to activate
- Your ideal WhatsApp display name
- Facebook Business Manager ID to your Gladly contact helping you implement WhatsApp:
- As an Administrator, access the Business Settings page on Facebook Business Manager.
- Click Business Info.
- Your ID will be listed under “Business Information.”
- Gladly will notify the person who submitted the client agreement form if additional steps need to be completed.
- Within one week, you should receive a notification on your Facebook Business Page from WhatsApp; please approve it using an Administrator’s account on Facebook Business Manager.
- Open your Business Settings Menu and navigate to the Requests sub-menu.
- Select the Received tab.
- Click the Approve button for the request made regarding the WhatsApp Business API.
- Gladly will activate your WhatsApp account and set up a WhatsApp Entry Point if no additional information is needed. Glady Service might need to schedule time with you if your number was not purchased/ported into Gladly to activate the number.
- Once activated, you can go to Settings > Entry Points to direct inbound WhatsApp messages to the right default Inbox.