WhatsApp can be configured as an entry point in Gladly. This allows customers to interact with your agents via WhatsApp.
Set up WhatsApp to allow inbound and outbound messaging from within Gladly.
Estimated Effort #
It depends on how long it takes for WhatsApp to approve the request, which could take a couple of weeks.
Step-by-Step Tutorial & Best Practices #
If you are interested in using WhatsApp, please get in touch with your Gladly implementations team or Gladly Support.
- WhatsApp configuration is subject to a Professional Services setup fee. Contact Gladly Support for more information.
- In addition, WhatsApp activation has a one-time fee of $50 per number. This will be billed to Gladly and passed to you. Other fees to be aware of is WhatsApp Conversation-based fees which are priced by region. Meta bills Gladly and passes these on to you with no markup. These fees are listed on your Gladly invoice.
- First, register your Facebook Business page.
- Next, pick a WhatsApp display name.
- Next, choose a WhatsApp number. Note that we recommend selecting a number that has already been purchased/ported/transferred into Gladly.
- Sign this agreement. Once completed, please download and save the PDF.
- Next, send an email to your Gladly Services contact with the following information:
- Your Business Name
- Your Meta Business Manager ID
- The Phone Number you wish to activate
- Your ideal WhatsApp display name
- A PDF copy of the agreement you downloaded in Step #6
- Within one week, you should receive a notification on your Facebook Business Page from WhatsApp; please approve it using an Administrator’s account on Facebook Business Manager.
- Open your Business Settings Menu and navigate to the Requests sub-menu.
- Select the Received tab.
- Click the Approve button for the request made regarding the WhatsApp Business API.
- Your application should be processed within one to two weeks (i.e., approved or needs more information).
- Once the application is approved, Gladly will activate your account and set up a WhatsApp Entry Point. We might need to schedule time with you if your number was not purchased/ported into Gladly to activate the number.
- You can now go to Settings > Entry Points to direct inbound WhatsApp messages to the right default Inbox.