Conflict Management: Practical Tools for Handling Conflicts at Work
Learning & Development,
Conflicts happen at every level in the corporate world. Disagreements can derail mergers and acquisitions, disrupt relevant departments from working together on projects, and disrupt overall productivity. Maurice Schweitzer, author of Friend & Foe, shares practical tools for handling conflicts at work and promoting successful collaboration. According to Maurice, all relationships contain elements of competition and certain skills must be learned to move toward cooperation.
In this course, you will learn strategies to deal with conflict in the workplace with the goal of moving toward constructive collaboration. You will also learn of strategies used to create a balance between forces of cooperation and competitiveness using techniques such as gaining power, building trust and motivating others.
What you’ll learn
- Why is cooperating with others so difficult
- Tips on how to move past the natural competitive instinct to cooperate
- How to diffuse anger and generate constructive discussion
- Recommendations on how to listen effectively
- How to build trust as a leader