|REQUIRED USER ROLE
Administrator, Team Manager, or Answers Administrator
Hero AI Replies — a Hero AI feature — can significantly reduce customer response times by automatically generating Customer-ready responses using information already in the Answers knowledge base. To fully utilize this feature, you must thoroughly review and document your policies, procedures, and services in Answers. The more relevant information you have stored that’s commonly shared with Customers, the more accurate suggestions Hero AI Replies will provide.
Before you start #
Below are a few things to keep in mind about the Hero AI Replies before you begin using the feature:
- Currently Supports English Answers only. This includes English language variants such as English – Canada, English – Europe, English – United Kingdom, and English – United States.
- Hero AI Replies searches Email, Public, and Messaging Answer type to provide a suggested reply.
- A suggested reply can be used for all text-based Channels like email, chat, social, and SMS.
Before setting up your Answers knowledge to ensure that Hero AI Replies has the necessary information to assist Agents, it is helpful to understand the basic mechanism of Hero AI Replies.
How Hero AI Replies work #
Here’s a quick overview of how Agents interact with Hero AI Replies.
- [A] – Agent opens the Answers Pane while on a text-based Channel and types in a query such as “delayed same-day delivery” to search for information.
- [B] – Hero AI Replies generates a Customer-friendly response based on existing Public, Email, and Messaging Answers that may be related to the query.
- [C] – Agent reviews the suggestion generated by Hero AI Replies based on their query.
- [D] – Agent clicks Use to insert the suggested reply to the Composer (Email or Messaging Composer) and send the reply as is or edit if needed before it’s sent.
Hero AI Replies searches information that may be contained in different Answer Types. For example, if an Agent searches for “Delivery is delayed. Provide information on options and refund policy,” this information may be found in three different Answers:
- Delivery is delayed (Messaging Answer and Email Answer)
- Options to appease Customers when deliveries are delayed (Messaging Answer)
- Refund policy (Email Answer)
As long as the Answer with the information relevant to the query exists, Hero AI Replies can quickly generate a suggested reply, hitting all the key points stored in different Answers that the Agent can share with the Customer.
Now that you understand how Hero AI Replies work, you can start auditing existing Answers.
Audit existing Answers #
There are four types of Answers, and Hero AI Replies considers Email, Public, and Messaging Answer Types in all English variants when suggesting a reply. Audit all Answers and ensure you have Answers available for every possible scenario or question your Customers may ask. Think of topics around policies, procedures, and services that Customers ask for, and create Answers for those topics.
Remember, the more information you store as Answers, the more accurate and powerful the suggestions from Hero AI Replies will be.
Make Answers your source of truth #
Agents may store information in spreadsheets, sticky notes, and other mediums or repositories outside Gladly. Work with your team to crowdsource pertinent information that should be documented in Answers, especially information useful to Customers.
Storing this information in Answers will make Hero AI Replies more powerful and effective. It still allows Agents to edit and personalize the suggestion while removing the time that would have been spent collecting information.
Create Answers #
Once you’ve audited your existing Answers and know which information to add, create the Answers in any English language variant your Answers knowledge base currently supports. Remember, these are Answers containing your company’s policies, procedures, and services typically shared with Customers.
Use a Channel-appropriate format when writing Answers.
- Email Answer – Detailed information formatted clearly and intended for email communication. Include a salutation and a signature.
- Public Answer – Detailed information written as you would in a knowledge base that your Customers can read independently to answer their questions.
- Messaging Answer – Short and concise message
Language and Audience #
When creating Answers, part of the process is selecting the Language and Audience.
Create Answers in the relevant English variant. For instance, if you support English – United Kingdom and English – United States for Answers, select those languages on the list.
As another example, let’s suppose you create a Messaging Answer for this common question, “How to clean leather shoes,” in the following languages:
- English – United Kingdom
- English – Ireland
- English – United States
- Spanish – Latin America
- Spanish – Spain
Remember that Hero AI Replies currently only recognizes and suggests replies using English variants, so you’d want to create Messaging Answers for English – United Kingdom, English – Ireland, and English – United States. Still, you should create a version of the Answer in all languages like Spanish – Latin America and Spanish – Spain (especially if the information is relevant for Customers you serve in those languages), but Hero AI won’t recognize those Answers at this time
Create the Answer in relevant Audiences you support. For instance, if the Answer you’re creating is relevant to your EU and US Customers (i.e., Audience), select them from the list.
In the Answers Pane, if an Agent has All Languages and All Audiences selected. Hero AI Replies will consider all the English language variants only of Messaging Answers, and all Audiences that the Messaging Answer are available in.
Agents can specify the language and Audience before searching Answers, and Hero AI Replies will only consider Answers related to the selected filters when suggesting a reply.
Note that no suggestion will be generated if the search query is a non-English variant and you have All Languages set by default.
Learn how Agents use Hero AI Replies #
See Use Automatically Crafted SMS or Chat Response With Hero AI Replies to learn how Agents use Hero AI Replies.