|REQUIRED USER ROLE|
Set up Direct Messages to turn tweet messages into Conversations.
Before you start #
Review the following information before you set up Direct Messages:
- Direct Messages must be enabled in your account to receive Direct Messages in Gladly. From your account, click More > Settings and Privacy > Privacy and Safety > Under Direct Messages, select “Receive messages from anyone.”
- Decide whether to route Direct Messages to an existing Inbox or if you prefer to create a new Inbox.
Watch Out – We recommend not adding an Entry Point(s) until you’re ready to receive incoming requests
Upon adding a new Entry Point, incoming requests from that Entry Point automatically route to the corresponding Channel’s primary Inbox. For example, upon adding Instagram Messaging as an Entry Point, direct messages from your Instagram account will automatically create a Conversation in Instagram Channel’s default inbox.
- Voice/SMS – Phone numbers can be purchased and held onto until you’re ready to complete the setup by connecting them as Entry Points.
- Chat (Glad App) – Upon configuring Glad App, it’s available to receive incoming chat requests as soon as it’s embedded on your website. Chats are routed to the Chat Channel’s default Inbox.
- Social Channels – Upon adding a social Channel Entry Point (e.g., , Instagram, or WhatsApp), messages automatically route to the social Channel’s default Inbox.
- Email – Once an email address is added, it’s ready to receive inbound emails in the email Channels’ default Inbox as long as email forwarding is activated.
Use Exceptions to link an Entry Point to a different Inbox if you don’t want to use the Channel’s default Inbox.
Add Direct Messages #
- Click the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Under the Channels category, click Direct Messages. This page shows a list of all accounts linked to Gladly.
- Click Manage Direct Messages.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to authorize Gladly to access your company’s account. Please enter the Username and Password then click Authorize app.
- The window will automatically close after a few moments.
- At this point, the account is added as a new Entry Point. Next, go to the Entry Points settings page and select the default Inbox for Direct Messages.
- Select the default Inbox you want Direct Messages to go to. Add an exception if you have other accounts you want to link to a different Inbox.
- Click Save.
- is added as a Channel. Agents assigned to the Inbox used for will start receiving Direct Messages whenever they are available in the messaging Channel.
Add multiple accounts #
You can link multiple accounts in Gladly but you can only link a account to one Gladly instance. For example, if you link the account to your Production instance, the same account cannot be linked at the same time to your Sandbox instance.
Take note of the ID. This ID is used to convert public messages into a private message in Gladly.