Note – Self-Service Threads use case limitation
Self-Service Threads currently supports the Order Information (“Where is my order” – WISMO) use case that allows Customers to view their order information in Glad App without speaking to an Agent. To create a Self-Service Thread for a WISMO use case, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Using Glad App for chat or plan to implement chat.
- Have Shopify, Big Commerce, or Magento connected to Gladly or a different OMS and have built a Lookup Adaptor to display order details in Gladly.
Note – Threads is currently available for chat only
At this time, Self-Service Threads can only be created for automated Glad App chat interactions.
A Thread in Self-Service Threads represents an automation use case, and you can have one or many Threads that create different kinds of guided, automated interactions you’d like the Customer to have.
Thread automation example #
Let’s use a common question Customers ask today and apply how Threads can help: “Where is my order?”
By creating a Thread and utilizing Glad App’s Quick Reply buttons feature, you can create an automated interaction with your Customers based on their selection in Glad App. When they click Order Status (you can customize the button name), they’ll be taken through an automated interaction to look up and provide the status of their order without needing to speak to an Agent.
The steps below illustrate how Threads is configured to allow Customers to check their order status through Glad App.
- In Self-Service Threads, create a new Thread and configure it to manage the automated interactions. In this example, the Thread created helps Customers check the status of their order by clicking the Order Status Quick Reply button in Glad App.
- Because your OMS (e.g., Shopify, BigCommerce) is already connected to Gladly, it’s easy to look up Customer data.
- Once the Thread is created and relevant interactions to check the order status are created, you’ll need to make sure Onboarding is activated in Glad App.
- In Glad App — with Onboarding activated — you’ll select Order Status Thread as a Quick Reply button in Glad App.
- Customers chatting in wanting to check the status of their order via chat can click Order Status Quick Reply button in Glad App. They’ll be asked for their email address and provide an authentication code, and Threads looks up and presents to the Customer the status of their order.
- They can end the interaction here or choose the option to speak to an Agent.
Thread Requirements #
To utilize Threads and allow Customers to check the status of their order, you must meet the following requirements:
- You have Shopify, Big Commerce, or Magento OMS connected to Gladly, which brings order information to Gladly or a different OMS, and have built a Lookup Adaptor to display order details in Gladly.
Pay-per-use feature #
Self-Service Threads — specifically referring to the “Where is my order” (WISMO) use case — is a pay-per-use feature. Once a Thread is activated, Gladly charges you based on the number of Resolutions completed: where a Customer views their order information in Glad App and concludes the order status Thread without any Agent involved. Interactions are not charged when the Customer chooses to speak to an Agent after their order status is presented. To summarize, there is no charge to set up Threads, and you only pay for automatically resolved interactions without needing an Agent to assist.
Use the Self-Service Threads report to understand better the value impact created by Self-Service Threads for your organization.