The Conversation Close Time report can help you understand how long it takes for your Customer’s questions to be answered.
Key Concepts and Definitions
- Conversations are a series of Contacts with a Customer about one or more questions. It can also span across different Channels and Topics.
- Customers are people who have a connection with your company because they are interested in your products and services or are an existing customer. Customers in Gladly could also have a history of Conversations that may span across multiple Channels.
- Channel is the method a Customer uses to communicate with your company. This could be through email, SMS, social messaging, chat, or phone call.
- Close Time is a calculation of when a Customer first reaches out to you and when the Conversation is closed.
Understand the Basics #
When to use the Conversation Close report #
Use the Conversation Close Time report if you have questions around:
- How long are Customers waiting for their questions to be resolved?
- Does the number of closed Conversations increase or decrease with Conversation Close Time?
How often to view the report #
Review this report monthly to gain valuable and actionable insights.
Take Action #
Once you understand the report, you can take action and make improvements.
Increasing Conversation Close Time #
If you see the Conversation Close Time increasing, it means it’s taking longer to answer their questions or to resolve their issues. You might want to investigate why this is happening.
- Are customers asking about different Topics?
- Did Customer wait times increase as well? Check how the SLAs in your communication Channels are affected.
- Did First Contact Resolution (FCR) increase? If so, the increase in Conversation Close Time could be reasonable.
Decreasing Conversation Close Time #
If you see the Conversation Close Time decreasing, congratulations! To make sure that the overall Customer Experience is not affected, look into the following:
- Did your First Contact Resolution (FCR) increase or did it stay the same?
- Did Customers reach out on different Channels? Remember, the Channel used by the Customer could affect close time if they are switching to a Channel that is faster to communicate in.
Good to Know #
- This report can also be generated via API. See our Developer Docs for more details.
- CSV download of this report is limited to 100k rows.
- Listed below are related reports we recommend you use alongside this report:
- First Contact Resolution by Agent
- Customer Wait Time by Channel
- Active Conversation Handle Time by Agent by Channel