Gladly indicates when a Customer is actively engaged with a Thread before they decide to engage with an Agent. If a Profile of a Customer is opened who happens to be actively engaged with a Thread (e.g., WISMO), a notice (yellow banner) appears that says “This customer is currently assigned to Self-Service.”
When a Customer decides to engage with an Agent by clicking a Quick Reply button denoting intent to speak to an Agent after a Thread interaction, a chat request is routed to the next available Agent.
The Agent will see a history of the Customer’s interaction with the Thread on the Conversation Timeline.
- [A] – Automated interactions with the Customer via the Thread. In this case, it shows the order shown to the Customer.
- [B] – Quick Reply button clicked by the Customer indicating they’d like to speak to an Agent after seeing their order status.
- [C] – Automated response for the Customer that they are being routed to an Agent.
When the Customer is routed to an Agent and the Customer Profile is opened, clicking the green inline notification banner opens where the Customer’s interaction began in Glad App on the Conversation Timeline.
The initial interaction with Glad App is shown as the Self-Service Handoff.
- [A] – Shows the initial interaction with the Customer with Glad App before they selected the Quick Reply button to check their order status. This activity is also referred to as Self-Service Handoff.
- [B] – Shows the entire automated interaction with the Customer as a Thread after choosing the Quick Reply to check the order status in Glad App.
- The authentication code entered by the Customer appears as asterisks (******) in the Conversation Timeline.
- [C] – Self-Service Summary provides an event summary when a Customer attempts to chat with an Agent. The Customer does not see this summary.
At this point, an Agent should review the Customer’s interactions in the Conversation Timeline and have context before they reply to the chat. This Thread interaction does not count as a Resolution since the Customer decided to chat with an Agent after seeing their order status.
Self-Service Summary #
Self-Service Summary on the Conversation Timeline provides a concise overview of events encountered on a Thread and is only visible only to Agents.
|Self-Service Summary Message
|Customer routed to an Agent due to an automation error
|“The Customer has been handed off to an Agent because of a technical issue.”
|Customer is routed to an Agent.
|Customer opted to speak to an Agent.
|“The Customer has been handed off to an Agent at their request.”
|Customer is routed to an Agent.
|Customer successfully ended the Self-Service session.
|“Self-Service has ended. Customer was not handed off to an Agent.”
|No routing event because the Customer ended the Thread interaction and did not want to speak to an Agent.
|Message automation service is unresponsive
|“Self-Service was unresponsive and has ended.”
|While rare, the Customer is not routed to an Agent if the automation service freezes. There is no error shown to the Customer in this scenario.
|No response from the Customer.
|“Self-Service has ended because the Customer stopped responding.”
|Customer is routed to an Agent but the Customer will not be in the chat session. The Conversation should be closed.