SMS is one of the messaging entry points into Gladly. Customers will be able to interact with your Agents via text.
Set up SMS number for inbound and outbound text messaging
Estimated Effort #
1 hour for the Gladly implementation team to purchase and set up your SMS number
Step-by-Step Tutorial & Best Practices #
- Determine if you’d like to pursue a shortcode. Shortcodes are the best way to ensure deliverability but are charged at ~$10K / year and take ~8-12 weeks to be approved for usage. Speak with your implementations team further if this is of interest. Alternatively, toll-free numbers will also boost deliverability but are only capable of SMS (vs. MMS)
- Purchase and configure Voice phone numbers directly in Gladly.
- Voice desired area code, and toll-free vs local preferences. Toll-free numbers (and international numbers outside of Canada) are not capable of MMS, but local numbers are. For reference, this can be the same as your Gladly phone number if you’d like! You can also use the default Gladly number we set up in your environment too.
- Link SMS to the correct Inbox on the Entry Points settings page.
- Refer to the Rules article to set up Rules for SMS Conversations.
- Refer to the Answers doc to set up messaging Answers that cover both chat and SMS.