Once you’ve signed the Order Form (OF) and all the necessary agreements to implement Gladly, it’s time to dive into the self-guided implementation process.
Before you start #
Before you officially start implementing Gladly, we recommend you first review the following:
- Review Self-Guided Implementation Overview.
- Make sure you have access to Gladly.
- Make sure you have already signed up and have access to the Gladly Connect Learning to view the Self-Guided Implementation Guide.
What to expect #
The list below reflects what you are anticipated to configure, deploy and test.
- Email (DNS records as specified by Gladly, forwarding and address).
- Glad App (via Gladly Admin UI, embedding on site) on 1 website.
- Social Channels (via Gladly Admin UI) like Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messaging, , or Whatsapp.
- Integrations (via Gladly Admin UI).
- Help Center (via Gladly Admin UI, embedding on site) on 1 website.
- Inboxes, Answers, Topics, Rules (via Gladly Admin UI).
- Agent accounts.
- If you purchased a data import add-on, you will:
- Email [email protected] to receive a Dropbox file upload link.
- Generate a one-time data export, with instructions for generation provided here and upload the export to the Dropbox link.
- Let [email protected] know when files are ready to import.
- Should files be in a good format, they will be imported into Gladly within five business days.
- If you purchased a phone port add-on, you will:
- Fill in https://support.twilio.com/hc/article_attachments/4404354962459/US_LOA.pdf with ALL US and CA numbers to be ported. Note that you will need to fill one LOA in per unique service address associated with your phone number(s).
- Email the above and latest copy of the telephony bill for US numbers to [email protected].
- Should files be in good format, Gladly will submit port request to Twilio within five business days.
- [email protected]will notify you of the impending port date and when the port succeeds.
- Once the port succeeds, you will need to associate phone numbers with the appropriate IVRS in the Phone Numbers page on Gladly.
Begin self-guided implementation #
The implementation guide in the Connect Learning is an eight-part process designed to provide details, step by step instructions on implementing Gladly. Remember, you must already have access to Glady in order to complete the coming steps.
Tip – See the bullets for additional resources
Besides the Connect Learning, we’ve bulleted below other resources to support the Connect Learning content and configuration instructions.
Step 1 #
Log into the Connect Learning and find the Self-Guided Gladly Implementation Guide.
Step 2 #
Review Part 1: Get Started With Implementing Gladly Guide. This contains basic information about access to Gladly, how to reset passwords, and important links to bookmark.
Step 3 #
Go to Part 2: Set Up Digital Channels and Apps. This contains instructions on how to set up non-voice Channels like Email, Messaging (chat, social messaging). It also contains information n how to set up Shopify if you are using it.
Step 4 #
Go to Part 3: Set Up Phone, IVR, and SMS. This contains instructions on how to configure SMS (if you’d like to implement SMS support), as well as how to set up your IVR with numbers you have ported to Gladly.
Step 5 #
Go to Part 4: Set Up Inboxes, Topics, and General Gladly Settings. This contains a short overview of how you receive work from Customers, how to reply, and how to manage Customers already assigned to you. This also includes information on how to set up Inboxes (where Customers are routed to and queued and staffed by Agents), how to set up Topics, how to configure idle timing settings, and how the basics of how routing works.
- We recommend that all users (including Team Managers and Administrators) complete the Agent/Hero Certification for an in-depth look at how to help Customers in Gladly. Our Agent Help Docs also contains detailed information on what you need to know as an Agent in Gladly.
- Set Up Inboxes
- Channel Settings
- Set Up Topics.
- Idle Timing Settings.
Step 6 #
Go to Part 5: Set Up Answers and Help Center. This contains information on how to set up Agent profiles, how to set up email signatures, how to set up Answers, and how to set up Help Center.
Step 7 #
Go to Part 6: Set Up Rules and Agents. This contains information on how to set up Rules to automate manual Tasks to create smart automation. It also includes information on how to add users, including Agents to Gladly.
Step 8 #
Go to Part 7: Testing, Go Live, and Post Launch. This contains information a checklist of things to check to ensure smooth go-live activities, additional cut-over instructions BEFORE you start using Gladly, and some reporting information.
Step 9 #
Go to Part 8: Implementation Feedback and complete the survey. Please let us know how we can better support other Customers who opt to implement Gladly independently by letting us know what we can do better or what we can improve. Let us know what you liked as well.
Tip – Explore Gladly features and capabilities
Review the Features and Capabilities page to learn how Gladly provides you with tools you can use to serve your Customers better. Also, the Settings overview can help orient you with options you have to manage Gladly settings.