Who maintains the integration #
Optimizely Data Platform’s integration with Gladly was built by Gladly and is maintained by Gladly.
Basic Scope #
A connector service listens to Conversation Created and Closed webhooks. The Get Customer API is used to look up the Customer email based on the webhook. The data is sent to Optimizely Data Platform as an event and an update to the Customer’s custom attributes.
APIs used for the integration #
The Get Customer API is used to look up and send events from Gladly to Optimizely Data Platform.
How the integration works #
Gladly sends Optimizely Data Platform events whenever your Customer creates or finishes a Conversation with one of your Agents.
Additionally, to make segmenting Customers easier, Gladly also updates the Customer object in Optimizely Data Platform with the following custom fields where you can also change the display names during setup:
- gladly_conversation_closed_ts – Date and time when the latest Conversation in Gladly was closed
- gladly_conversation_opened_ts – Date and time when the latest Conversation in Gladly was opened
- has_open_gladly_conversation – Whether the Customer currently has an open Conversation in Gladly
Note – If the gladly_conversation_closed_ts is more recent than gladly_conversation_opened_ts,then has_open_gladly_conversation will be set to false.
These events and custom attributes allow the creation of filters and behaviors in Optimizely Data Platform. These can be used to segment Customers, for example:
- “Customers who do not have a conversation open”
- “Customers who have not had a conversation open in the last seven days,” etc.