|REQUIRED USER ROLE|
Purchase and configure SMS numbers directly in Gladly. Once purchased, you can activate the SMS capability for the number purchased or hold on to it until you’re ready to activate it. If Some SMS phone numbers can also be used for Voice.
Before you start #
Before purchasing an SMS number through Gladly, we recommend that you first review the following.
- SMS numbers purchased through Gladly are billed to your company as part of your telephony invoice.
- New SMS numbers use the SMS Channel’s default Inbox on the Entry Points settings page unless exceptions are created.
- Phone numbers you already own can be ported to Gladly with the help of Gladly Support.
- Short codes or international numbers can be purchased with the help of Gladly Support.
- 10DLC and Toll-Free numbers purchased in Gladly and used for SMS messaging must be verified (Toll-Free number) or registered (A2P 10DLC). This is not required if the numbers will only be used for Voice.
Watch Out – We recommend not adding an Entry Point(s) until you’re ready to receive incoming requests
Upon adding a new Entry Point, incoming requests from that Entry Point automatically route to the corresponding Channel’s primary Inbox. For example, upon adding Instagram Messaging as an Entry Point, direct messages from your Instagram account will automatically create a Conversation in Instagram Channel’s default inbox.
- Voice/SMS – Phone numbers can be purchased and held onto until you’re ready to complete the setup by connecting them as Entry Points.
- Chat (Glad App) – Upon configuring Glad App, it’s available to receive incoming chat requests as soon as it’s embedded on your website. Chats are routed to the Chat Channel’s default Inbox.
- Social Channels – Upon adding a social Channel Entry Point (e.g., , Instagram, or WhatsApp), messages automatically route to the social Channel’s default Inbox.
- Email – Once an email address is added, it’s ready to receive inbound emails in the email Channels’ default Inbox as long as email forwarding is activated.
Use Exceptions to link an Entry Point to a different Inbox if you don’t want to use the Channel’s default Inbox
Select an option #
What would you like to do? Select an option below.