The Created and Closed Tasks by Agent report can help you understand which of your Agents are creating and completing the most Tasks.
Key Concepts and Definitions
These are concepts and definitions you should be aware of to understand this report:
- Tasks are work items that need to be accomplished on behalf of a customer, typically requiring a follow-up. A reminder, tagging a team member, or asking someone for help can be classified as a Task.
- Agents are the front line of your Customer Support Center. They handle Conversations and their Contacts and can be assigned to multiple Inboxes.
Understand the Basics #
When to use the Created and Closed Tasks by Agent report #
Use the Created and Closed Tasks by Agent report if you have questions around:
- How many Tasks are out Agents creating and closing?
- Which of our Agents is creating and closing the most Tasks?
- How long is it taking to complete Tasks for Customers?
How often to view the report #
Review this report daily to gain valuable and actionable insights.
Take Action #
Once you understand the report, you can take action and make improvements.
Created and Closed Tasks by Agent is Increasing #
If you are seeing an increase in Tasks being created, it could mean that Agents are working more just to accomplish their Tasks. Keep in mind that Tasks take Agents Away from working on inbound requests.
- If there is a higher than expected volume of Tasks you are seeing, look into why this is the case. Did usage of a specific Topic increase at the same time? Did you change your staffing levels? Once you identify why the Task volume increase, you can spot opportunities to reduce your Task volume.
- If a particular Agent is creating a higher volume of Tasks than other Agents, try to understand why this is happening. This could be an opportunity to improve your processes or train your team further.
- Is there anything new that was introduced (e.g., system, team, product, feature, processes) that may cause the need to create and complete more Tasks?
Created and Closed Tasks by Agent is Decreasing/Low #
If you see the Created and Closed Tasks by Agent decreasing, congratulations! To make sure that the overall Customer experience is not affected, look into the following:
- Did your First Contact Resolution (FCR) increase, or did it stay the same?
- If you have Agents who are successful in completing Tasks quickly, talk to them to learn what they are doing that could be shared with other Agents or teams.
- Look at the processes you have in place that the Agent is a part of. Look for ways these best practices can be applied to your other procedures that could contribute to a quick completion of any Task.