The Auto Throttle Missed Conversations report can help you make staffing decisions for the Chat Channel. By using the Throttled Users data, you can understand how many more Customers you could have helped on the Chat Channel if you had additional staff available without chat being throttled.
Metrics and Key Concepts #
The Auto Throttle Missed Conversations report uses the following metrics and concepts to quantify the reported data.
|A count of unique users who sent at least one message.
|A count of unique users who click the chat button at the bottom of Glad App when chat is throttled.
Understand the Basics #
When to use the Auto Throttle Missed Conversation report #
Use the Auto Throttle Missed Conversations report if you have questions around:
- How many Customers are we not able to help whenever chat is actively being throttled?
- Do we need to improve our staffing model for chat?
How often to view the report #
Review this report monthly to gain valuable and actionable insights.
- Throttled Users is just an estimate. It’s meant to show relatively how many Customers might have started a chat if it weren’t throttled. If chat is throttled and the Customer clicks the chat button, they’ll be shown the chat throttled screen.
- The Throttled Users metrics do not count users who click the chat button when it’s outside of the Business Hours set.
- The Throttled Users estimate will only work if “Enable Search and Quick Actions” box is checked on Glad App. If “Enable Search and Quick Actions” is not checked, then nothing will appear for throttled Users.
Take Action #
Once you understand the report, you can take action and make improvements.
Frequent Throttling of Customers #
- Is chat frequently throttled? You may need to look into pouring more resources into your Chat Channel.
- Is there a certain time that chat is throttled? Look into ensuring you have optimal coverage during that period of time.
- Look at the number of Customers who tried to chat while chat throttling is active. Is it a low or high number? If it’s low, try to optimize the length of time it takes to help Customers. Also, would adding just one more Agent stop the need for chat throttling? If it’s continuously a high number, you could encourage Customers to use other Channels like SMS or email.
Good to Know #
- This report can also be generated via API. See our Developer Docs for more details.
- Listed below are related reports we recommend you use alongside this report:
- Auto Throttle Chat Log