Ways to Build Resilience
Learning & Development,
Kylie Bell, a leadership development export, outlines useful strategies for building resilience. These include exercises for increasing mindfulness (which in turn improve telomere length) and consciously switching negative (aging) thoughts to positive. She also recommends choosing to perceive stressful situations as challenges and remembering successful situations which help energize, de-stress and build resilience. Focus on what you can control; be realistic with goals and tasks. Above all, resilience is built through eating, hydrating, sleeping and exercising well. Even losing an extra hour’s sleep per night impacts on our ability to cope!
This program is one of the Insights and Strategies Series, featuring psychologist Eve Ash interviewing a range of experts and business leaders who share their experiences and practical strategies for achieving best practice.
What you’ll learn
- How you can build resilience through:
- Mindfulness – being in the present non-judgmentally
- Replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts
- Perceiving threats as challenges
- Remembering our successes (energizes and destresses)
- Focusing on what you can control
- Being realistic with goals and tasks
- Eating, sleeping, and exercising well